1 vegetables (especially cucumbers) preserved in brine or vinegar
2 informal terms for a difficult situation; "he got into a terrible fix"; "he made a muddle of his marriage" [syn: fix, hole, jam, mess, muddle, kettle of fish] v : preserve in a pickling liquid
- Rhymes: -ɪkəl
- A cucumber
preserved in a solution, usually a brine or a
- A pickle goes well with a hamburger.
- Often in plural (pickles), any vegetable preserved in vinegar and consumed as relish.
- The brine used for
- This tub is filled with the pickle that we will put the small cucumbers into.
- (idiom) A difficult situation.
- The climber found himself in a pickle when one of the rocks broke off.
- A penis.
- A rundown.
- Jones was caught in a pickle between second and third.
- A children's game with three participants that emulates a
- The boys played pickle in the front yard for an hour.
- An affectionate term for a loved one
- Are you okay my pickle?
cucumber preserved in brine or vinegar syrup
any vegetable preserved in vinegar and consumed as relish
- Finnish: liemi
affectionate term for a loved one
translations to be checked
To remove high-temperature scale and oxidation from metal with heated sulphuric acid
Pickle or pickling may refer to:
- Pickling, the process of preserving a food by soaking and storing it in vinegar or brine, has been going on for 5,000 years.
- Pickled cucumber, most commonly referred to as a pickle in the US and Canada
- Indian pickle, fruits and vegetables pickled using oil instead of vinegar
- Tsukemono, Japanese varieties of pickle
- Relish, a cooked or pickled sauce commonly referred to as pickle in the United Kingdom
- Pickling (metal), a treatment of metallic surfaces in order to remove impurities, stains, rust or scale.
Sports and Games
pickle in German: Pickle
pickle in French: Pickle
pickle in Polish: Peklowanie
acid, acidulant, anhydrate, baffle, bafflement, bearings, bewilderment, bind, blast-freeze, booze up, boozify, bother, box, bread-and-butter pickle, brine, case, chokecherry, circumstance, clutch, complication, condition, confoundment, confusion, corn, corner, crab apple, crock, crunch, cure, dehydrate, desiccate, dilemma, dill pickle, discomposure, disconcert, disconcertedness, disconcertion, disconcertment, disturbance, dry, dry-cure, dry-salt, embalm, embarrassing position, embarrassment, enigma, estate, evaporate, fine how-do-you-do, fix, footing, freeze, freeze-dry, fuddle, fume, green apple, hell to pay, hobble, hole, hot water, how-do-you-do, imbroglio, irradiate, jam, jerk, kipper, lemon, lime, location, lot, marinade, marinate, mess, mix, modality, mode, morass, mummify, mystery, nonplus, overtake, parlous straits, pass, perplexity, perturbation, pinch, place, plaster, plight, pollute, position, posture, pother, predicament, preservatize, pretty pass, pretty pickle, pretty predicament, problem, puzzle, puzzlement, quagmire, quandary, quick-freeze, quicksand, rank, refrigerate, riddle, salt, scrape, season, situation, slough, smoke, smoke-cure, sour, sour balls, sour cream, sour grapes, sour pickle, sourdough, souse, spot, squeeze, standing, state, station, status, stew, sticky wicket, stone, strait, straits, stuff, swack, swamp, tight spot, tight squeeze, tightrope, tipsify, tricky spot, unassuredness, unholy mess, upset, verjuice, vinegar, yogurt